Pickles are essential part of Indian meals. No meal is complete without a portion of pickle. They add flavour to the meal, and have lots of nutritional value too. Here we have simple and instant to make raw turmeric, garlic, ginger, green chillies and lemon juice pickle.
Raw Turmeric– It boosts digestion, increases antioxidant capacity of the body, improves brain function and lower risk of brain diseases.
Garlic– Combat sickness including common cold, help to reduce blood pressure, contains antioxidants that help to prevent Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Ginger– It helps to treat many forms of nausea, especially morning sickness.Help to reduce muscle pain and soreness, drastically lower blood sugars and improve heart disease risks.
Green Chillies– Rich source of vitamin C. It helps in keeping your skin healthy and glowing. Rich in dietary fibre, which is important for a healthy digestive system.
Lemon– Lot of vitamin C that boosts your immune system. Lemon water helps your digestion, flushes out toxins and cleanses the liver. It helps to reduce pain in your knees and joints.
- Chopped or grated raw turmeric
- Chopped garlic
- Chopped or grated ginger
- Chopped green or red chillies
- Lemon juice
- One tablespoon mustard oil
- One egg spoon mustard seeds
- Black salt to taste
- Heat a pan and add a tablespoon of mustard oil.
- Once it is hot put mustard seeds and crackle it.
- Then put all ingredients and black salt to taste. Stir of 5 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool.
- Take a glass jar and put lemon juice, add all the cooled ingredients.
- Pickle is ready, serve this yummy delicious pickle immediately 🙂
- Choose to store for a month, you can keep the pickle jar under sunlight for 2 days, this will add the shelf life and you can use up-to one month.
- Store in a refrigerator. Pickle tastes better the longer it preserves. After storing the pickle in a glass jar, stir it with a clean and dry spoon once a day. This would ensure lemon juice is mixed evenly in the pickle and do not settle at the bottom of the jar.